The Ethyleneamines Market is predicted to expand by over 5% as regards revenue in the forecast. The main factors that drive the market are the increasing demand for pesticides coming from developing countries and the growing consumer’s awareness of hygiene and cleanliness. However, health hazards from direct exposure are likely to limit the growth of the market.
- Adhesives Paints and Resins segment was the most popular, owing to the rising demand from various end-user industries.
- The increase in R&D to develop new products will be likely to create an avenue for growth in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific was the dominant market, with the highest consumption coming from nations like China along with India.
Key Market Trends
Ethylenediamine Type to Dominate the Market
- Ethylenediamine (EDA) is among the main derivatives of ethyleneamines. It was the most significant portion of the market for ethyleneamines. It is a transparent and colorless single component and is the lowest molecular weight ethyleneamine produced.
- The applications of ethylenediamine are agricultural chemicals, corrosion inhibitors, chelating agents, ethylene urea resins, Ion exchange resins and lubricants to thermoplastic resins oils, polyamide resins, oil additives reforming soils, elastomeric fibers, rubber chemical compounds, surface-active agents, and fungicides.
- Furthermore, ethylenediamine is utilized as an intermediate in the manufacturing of tetraacetylethylenediamine (TAED) which is a bleaching agent that is used in detergents and other additives to wash laundry and dishwashing.
- Ethylenediamine chemical is highly alkaline, and it is miscible with water as well as alcohol. It is air-sensitive and hyper-hygroscopic (tends to absorb moisture out of the atmosphere) and absorbs carbon dioxide out of air. This is incompatible with phosphorus halides aldehydes and strong acids organic halides, oxidizing agents copper, its alloys.
- Ethylenediamine can be produced by the reaction of monoethanolamine (MEA) with ammonia anhydrous and catalyst, which is followed by the separate production of both products.
- Thus, in conjunction with the rising demand from various applications, the requirement for ethylenediamine will be expected to increase in the coming years significantly.
To better understand the key trends, download the Sample Report.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- With more than 50% of the world’s market, Asia-Pacific is the most promising region for ethyleneamines, likely the dominant market in the near term. This dominance is due to the rising demand for agrochemicals and sealants, and adhesives in this region.
- China and India represent more than 75percent of the market for ethyleneamines. China is the main player in the creation of the demand for ethyleneamines within this region. Ethyleneamines are needed in numerous industries in China, including textiles, personal care paints and adhesives, automobiles, and a host of other industries.
- China is the world’s largest automobile market for production. This is likely to increase the production of ethyleneamines due to its requirement to be used as an additive for fuel.
- The above factors make the country among the top world suppliers of shale gas. The country has reached landmarks in the exploration of shale gas which includes both capacity and drilling methods. This has led to a rise in demand for ethyleneamines within the gas and oil sector in the country due to its requirement for refinery processes.
- Furthermore, the pharmaceutical industry within the nation is predicted to see significant growth and is expected to increase the demand for ethyleneamines due to its requirement for raw materials.
- Overall, with the steady increase in the number of countries, such as China, India, Japan, and India, the consumption of ethyleneamines is anticipated to rise quicker across the region in the coming years. The massive growth of Asia-Pacific is crucial to the development of the global market for ethyleneamines.
The global market for ethyleneamines is highly concentrated, and the five top players account for nearly 82 percent of the market share. The most prominent companies include Huntsman International LLC, Dow, AkzoNobel NV, BASF SE, and Tosoh Corporation, among others.