The global mustard market is expected to grow at a rate of 5.7 percent over the forecast time (2020-2025).
- The mustard seeds market has seen a significant increase that is mostly due to the increase in the use of mustard seeds in industries such as the food and drink industry, pharmaceutical industry cosmetic industry, and many more. The market’s growth all over the world is predicted to show significant growth for the entire market due to the increasing demands for mustard seed used in cooking as well as as a substitute for other oils like sunflower oil as well as other oils on the market.
- In all industries, food and beverage is the largest application segment of the mustard market due to its widespread use as a condiment. followed by the cosmetics industry in which it is utilized as a natural scrub an age-defying and hydrating agent and helps in the growth of hair, creating revenue for the overall mustard market
- In the variety of varieties available there is consumers are in high demand is high for Yellow Mustard sauce is higher in comparison to Dijon and Spicy/Brown as well as Honeymustard, and Horseradish because of its broad range of applications in the food and beverage industry. This includes its use as a flavoring ingredient in salads mayonnaise, dips, and mayonnaise and condiments like table mustard.
- The top global producers and exporters of mustard is Sudan being followed by India, Ethiopia, China as well as the US as well as the top exporters include the United States, followed by Germany, and France among others.
- But, mustard has to contend with the threat of adulteration, changing eating habits, and the addition of mustard oil, but the consumption of mustard is always growing.
Scope of the Report
The global mustard market is divided by form into powder, seed oil, paste, and seeds and also by its application to food, beverages, and personal health care. The food sector is divided into cooking oil and the industries of seasoning and spices. The segmentation by geography is comprised of countries in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East, and Africa.
Key Market Trends
Increased Imports of Mustard Seeds
The vast range of uses for mustard seeds includes flavoring agents for various food items, mayonnaise, and dips, making condiments like table mustard, and other things that drive this particular segment of the market. Based on the ITC Trade Map, the global value of imports has steadily increased since the year 2016. The countries that have the rising import values are Germany, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, Brazil, and Ukraine in addition to Sudan as the main exporter, with the largest export worth of USD 693,385 million, then followed by India exporting USD 569,033 million in the year 2018. Additionally, mustard oil and natural mustard seeds represent recent trends that are expanding the global mustard market. Apart from having health positive effects, mustard seeds and oil is in increasing demand.
To better understand the key trends, download the Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Likely to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
A change in the paradigm has been seen across the Asian-Pacific region toward eating a balanced diet and the consumption of sauces and condiments. Additionally, the increasing interest of consumers in different flavor preferences and food habits is increasing the demand for condiment sauces. Europe is the biggest mustard market globally due to the growing demand for mustard oil as well as a mustard paste for cooking across all regions. Europe and the Asia Pacific are the largest producers of mustard seeds worldwide which contribute to their total revenue share in the global mustard market. In addition, Canada is also among the largest producer of mustard seeds in the world.
To get a better understanding of the geography trends to understand the trends in geography, download a sample report
The biggest players that dominate the world’s mustard market are H. J. Heinz Company, Conagra Brands Inc., McCormick Foods, Mustard and Co, Unilever, and French, among others. The market is a bit fragmented and because of the large presence of local players, it’s not organized. The players who enter the market compete with fierce concurrence since local players have the largest market share in terms of revenue.
- Backwoods Mustard Company
- Mustard and Co.
- Woeber Mustard Manufacturing Company
- Boar’s Head Brand